Application Process Getting Started at Jacksonville University

Checklist for New Students

​To assist your transition to Jacksonville University, the New Military Student checklist is outlined below:

Note: If you will be using Tuition Assistance, your first step should be to speak with your Educational Services Officer (ESO), military counselor, or Service.


904-256-7000 |

U.S. Dept. of Veteran Affairs

888-442-4551 |

For Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefit, complete VA form 22-1990 on

"GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the U.S. governement Web site at"


  • If transfer student, complete VA form 22-1995 on to change school to JU.
  • If a recipient of benefit, complete a VA form 22-1990e on
  • Receive Certificate of Eligibility (COE) in the mail from the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs.
  • For Vocational Rehabilitation, complete VA form 28-1900, and provide JU with VA form 28-1905.
  • For other VA education programs,

Director of Veterans and Military Resource Center

  • Contact Mike Mitchell, 904-256-7638 or
  • Submit VA documents to JU, including COE, orders or DD-214.
  • Receive a JU Military Student Welcome letter.

Advising Office

904-256-7170 |


904-256-7080 |

Financial Aid Office

904-256-7060 |

  • Complete FAFSA online at​.
  • Receive financial aid letter in the mail from JU.

Career Management

904-256-7054 |

Disability Support Services

Olga Florez |

Student Veterans of America

  • Tour the Defenders Den in the Founders Building.
  • Join on Phin Connect.

New Military Student Orientation

Campus Security

904-256-7585 |

Residential Life

904-256-7582 |